Frisco ISD is developing a five-year strategic plan and is in search of parents and community members for feedback and participation.
FISD currently has about 50,000 students in 61 school and population growth predicts that will grow to more than 68,000 students in 77 schools by 2020.
“We believe we are at a critical time in our growth as a district,” said Superintendent of Schools Jeremy Lyon. “It is the perfect opportunity to revisit our beliefs and create action plans that guide us on a clear path to the future.”
A 30-member team has developed strategic objectives and strategies in six categories determined by the FISD board of trustees including: Teaching and learning; human resources; budget; facilities; whole child; and communications.
The next step in the strategic plan development process is to form action teams that will develop action plans to implement the strategies for each objective. The 10-member teams—made up of half parents/community members and half FISD personnel—will be led by an FISD staff person.
Those interested in being part of an action committee can contact Shana Wortham, FISD’s executive director of communications and community relations, by Feb. 6 at [email protected] or 469-633-6060.
Throughout the process Lyon plans to meet with numerous school, city and community groups for feedback and input.
Parents will have an opportunity to provide feedback several different times:
• Feb. 12, 8–9 a.m., Wakeland High School, 10700 Legacy Drive
• Feb. 24, 6–6:45 p.m., FISD Administration Building board room, 5515 Ohio Drive
• Feb. 27, 8–9 a.m., Independence High School, 10555 Independence Parkway
• April 22, 8–9 a.m., Frisco High School, 6401 Parkwood Blvd.
The action plan will be presented to the board of trustees in May. Once approved by the trustees, FISD staff will build an implementation plan including an accountability system and timeline for reporting progress.
Latest posts by Jason Vaughn (see all)
- Hamilton to Rehab with RoughRiders - June 23, 2015
- Perez and Harrison set to Rehab with RoughRiders - June 21, 2015
- BBQ Jersey Apron Kicks Off RoughRiders Back at Home - June 19, 2015